Friday, January 7, 2011

Egg Rice

The credit of this recipe will go solely to my dad, who used to cook this on a hot afternoon in Riyadh after picking me and my sis from school, and when my mom is on duty. When the curries are few or very boring to me and my sis, this rice and some curd was more than enough. Some pickle or left over chicken curry also goes really well with it. Its so easy to make, it can be done in just 1 minute!

Ingredients:

Cooked Rice - as required
Eggs - 1 for each person
Butter - 1 - 1.5 tablespoon - if not very health conscious, add as per your liking.
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder (optional)

Method:

Heat a pan over medium heat and add butter to it. Break eggs into the pan and move it around to form a scramble. Once it just starts to thicken, add the rice and mix. Sprinkle some salt and if required, a pinch of red chilli powder. Mix well and serve. Bon Appetit!

0 comments: